22 May 2018

Fruugo Australia Rip-off merchants

Internet scams are a plenty, where many dodgy businesses try to hide the way they extort (or defraud) the consumer of cash.

In this example we take a look at a company called Fruugo Australia, where the word Australia would allude to purchasing something from an Australian business.



The item being a memory card, shows us that Fruugo Australia put a price on it at $46.95.

What the poor sighted consumer may miss is that the shipping cost is a whopping NINETY DOLLARS and twenty cents.



Upon further investigation, the so called product is in Austria.



According to the manufacturer the 'appearance' of the card is as follows:

Appearance

Dimensions (Max.)11 mm x 15 mm x 1 mm (0.43" x 0.59" x 0.04")
Weight (Max.)0.4 g (0.01 oz)

$90 to post an item that is similar size to someone's fingernail that can literally posted in a standard envelope.

We do not recommend purchasing anything from 'Fruugo Australia'.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol. I wish I read this before discovering the same thing. Fruugo is a scam

Mooki said...

Absolutely dodgy company. Sell to Australia with English plugs ! States one price for postage but charges more. Simply cannot get through to customer service on website.

Unknown said...

You're right I wish I would have seen some of this before I made an order I have truly believe they are directly a scam

Unknown said...

Unbelievable.of course think australia as think it is.but sure is a scam as dont know till after cr card goes thu as its uk &ends up being double price. The. Cant make contact to cancell I have been billed twice as well for same thing

Unknown said...

They are a scam I purchased 2 months ago still have not received my purchase , customer service is disappointing unacceptable you do not get through , I advise do not buy from fruugo they are a scam , if anyone has a proper number to contact please let me